Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th October
1st day “La Val d’Orcia”:
- Arrival in Chianciano Terme in the late morning and accommodation in the hotel in the reserved rooms.
- Departure for the Val d’Orcia.
- Arrival in Pienza and meeting with the guide.
- Visit of the charming village known as the ideal city of the Renaissance.
- Late afternoon return to the hotel.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
2nd day “The Steam Train”:
- Breakfast at the hotel and departure for Siena.
- Arrival at the Railway station at 8.45 am and boarding on the historical steam train.
- Departure from Siena at 9.00.
- Continue to Monte Antico through the Crete Senesi, the Val d’Orcia Park and the areas of Brunello di Montalcino.
- At 10.50 am arrival in Monte Antico and a short stop with time available to take pictures of the locomotive in maneuver and when it will refuel the tender with water.
- Continue to Buonconvento arriving at 12.15.
- Transfer to the restaurant for lunch.
- Departure for Montalcino and guided tour of the city which has become famous for its Brunello.
- Late afternoon departure for the return trip.
Price per person for the entire period: € 169.00
Single room supplement: € 20.00
What it includes:
- 1 overnight stay in hotel ***
- 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- guided tour of Pienza and Bagno Vignoni
- Excursion by steam train from Siena, through “le crete Senesi” to Monte Antico
- Guided tour of Montalcino